This page gives more information about our three current offers of Support for Primary Care.
Free peer mentoring and coaching
GP-S can be used by anyone who would like to explore ways to develop themselves. This could be personally, professionally or within your career. We aim to build resilience in the General Practice workforce by allowing you time and space to develop your personal goals.
- Once you contact GP-S you will be allocated a mentor lead who will make contact with you within two working days.
- The mentor lead will arrange an on the phone initial assessment which will enable us to allocate you to an appropriate mentor.
- The mentor will then make contact with you within two weeks to arrange your first session.
- From this point you will have access to four two hour long sessions of 1-1 mentoring with your mentor over the course of 12 months.
- Sessions can take place at a time and place that suits you.
What we can support you with:
GP-S is here to help you get to where you want to be:
✔ Achieve your aspirations
✔ Improve motivation
✔ Manage transitions positively
✔ Enhance leadership skills
✔ Build your resilience
✔ Strengthen team working
✔ Build confidence
✔ Improve your work life balance
✔ Help you work through any problem or potential opportunity you feel you have
Rapid Access Support Sessions
These sessions are available for all GPs in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Humberside, Staffordshire, Telford & Wrekin and Shropshire. They’re also available to all Practice Managers in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire.
Nurse Peer support group – Via Zoom
We understand the importance of confidentiality and so work hard to ensure those who use GP-S are protected.
All of our team sign a confidentiality agreement and we use a secure online portal to store your details which can only be seen by mentors and mentor leads you have approved.
Mentors do not store details of your sessions unless you ask them to.